FRCS(Edinburgh), FMCOphth, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria
English, ? add
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Midlands Ophthalmological Society
- Ophthalmological Society of Nigeria
- West African Ophthalmological Society
- Faculty of Ophthalmology, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria
Main NHS base:
Mr Gashau was a consultant ophthalmic surgeon at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Wakefield. Since retirement he has worked as a locum consultant ophthalmic surgeon, at present for the Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust. His home is in Burton-on-Trent.
- Medical, laser and surgical management of glaucoma
- Complex angle closure glaucoma including early cataract and clear lens extraction
- Cataract surgery
- General ophthalmology
Training & background:
Mr Gashau graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria, following which he undertook postgraduate training in ophthalmology. He came to the United Kingdom in 1988 and was a Research Fellow in Ophthalmology specialising in glaucoma at Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle on Tyne and subsequently at Queen’s Hospital, Burton on Trent. He became an Associate Specialist in Ophthalmology at the Heart of England Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham and Queen’s Hospital Burton, and was appointed as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Wakefield.
He has extensive experience in audit, clinical and surgical skills and teaching trainees and all levels of staff. I am responsible for administrative tasks of running my unit, clinics and theatres in addition to other specific chores assigned by Lead/management.